In March 2017, North Carolina State University conducted the third annual survey to examine inventory and pricing of North Carolina sod.
- Supply of bermudagrass is slightly better than 2016 but still considered less than the demand.
- Supply of zoysiagrass is expected to be lower in 2017 compared to 2016.
- The price of sod is likely to remain similar to last year though there will be an increase in some markets for particular grasses.
- The supply of tall fescue is projected to be better in 2017 than in 2016.
- Growers are currently adding acreage.
- The primary markets for North Carolina sod producers are landscape contractors.