Irrigation Service Technician / Installer needed.
Candidate needs to be mechanically inclined and able to work outdoors on residential, commercial, and university properties and projects.
Valid Drivers License required.
Must be able to pass routine drug screen and be physically fit.
Experience a plus, but willing to train.
This is a full-time, year-round position with benefits.
Bill Sparrow, Jr.
Redmill Landscape and Nursery, Inc.
Durham, NC 27704
See the attached pdf for information about these positions.
We are looking for an assistant mechanic to work on our greens maintenance equipment, and we think it could be ideal for a new graduate. This will be a full time position, I do not have salary information yet though. The assistant mechanic will perform maintenance and repairs on all golf course maintenance equipment, including diesel, electric and gasoline-powered automobiles trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers, mowers, and other mechanical equipment used in utility work. He or she is also responsible for other related assignments such as identifying parts and placing orders. They will be working directly under our head mechanic.
Season Greens Workers
We are also hiring part-time, full-time, and seasonal workers out on the greens. These are hourly positions offering around $10/hr. Workers will be responsible for cutting grass on the tee boxes, fairways, roughs, fringes and greens; irrigating the course and working on its watering system; sodding; trimming; and applying fertilizer and pesticides on and around the course. They will use equipment such as walking mowers, tee mowers, rollers, bunker rakes, carts, push mowers, and a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools.
Resumes and applications are accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail to: 1518 Country Club Road, Wilmington NC 28403.
Safely and efficiently operates a variety of equipment requiring moderate manipulative skill by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as a member of a seven person crew that maintains and improves athletic fields throughout the City of Raleigh.
Operates rotary and reel type mowers in order to maintain athletic fields to unit standards.
Operates farm type tractors to perform mowing, field renovations and other athletic field repairs/improvements.
Assists in the preparation of athletic fields for programmed activities. Performs field dragging, marking and other related activities that ensure patron safety and satisfaction. Assists in general grounds maintenance and litter removal.
Operates automotive equipment in transporting personnel and equipment to and from work sites or set destinations.
Inspects assigned equipment for mechanical readiness and safety. Operates moderately complex equipment on a relief, training or occasional basis.
Assists City in cleanup and repair during inclement weather situations.
Greases, oils and performs minor repairs on equipment.
Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Some High School. High School graduate preferred.
Three months of experience is required. Working knowledge of turf grass maintenance required.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required. Ability to complete work orders using computer based work order system. Knowledge of CityWorks Work Order system, or equivalent, preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Class C NC Driver’s License
City of Raleigh North Carolina
222 W. Hargett St.
Raleigh, North Carolina, 27602.
More info: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/raleighnc/jobs/1674543/athletic-field-maintenance-equipment-operator-part-time?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Maintain and repair City athletic field property by performing the following duties.
Receive written work orders or verbal instruction from supervisor or Senior Service Specialist.
Perform athletic field maintenance tasks (grooming, marking, painting and proper setup) for games, practices and tournaments. Repair field fence issues, litter and trash removal, assist in field renovation, repair, maintain and clean comfort stations. Assist with landscaping tasks (mowing, edging, blowing, sod removal and installation, etc.)
Assist city in cleanup and repair during inclement weather situations which may require working extended hours during these events.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma (or GED)
Six months of relevant experience is required, and the ability to operate standard grounds equipment is required.
Familiar with basic use of computers.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
A valid Class "C" NC Drivers License
The employee must frequently lift and move up to 100 pounds, while performing the duties of this job. The employee is also frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
222 W. Hargett St.
Raleigh, North Carolina, 27602.
More information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/raleighnc/jobs/1673371/athletic-field-maintenance-technician-part-time?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Fairway Green Lawn & Shrub Care, a locally owned/operated lawn care company, is hiring a Lawn Service/Ornamental Tree & Shrub Technician (no mowing or installs).
Ideal person would have green industry turfgrass experience. However, we will train a quality candidate. We offer management opportunities, competitive salary, commission, bonus, vacation, complete medical, dental, optical, prescription insurance, and 401K.
Fax resume to 919-329-0940 or email resume to email@example.com or apply for position on our web site: FairwayGreen.com
Please – No Phone Calls to the office. Thank you.
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE NOW.
TITLE: Grounds Crew Foreman
1. AA degree in horticulture, landscaping field or related area preferred.
2. Prior successful work experience in horticulture, landscaping field or related area.
3. Prior successful experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity.
4. Valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
5. Such alternatives or additional qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To maintain the grounds of all district schools in a condition of safety, neatness and aesthetic attractiveness, so that each student may be provided with a safe and attractive outdoor environment.
1. Coordinates, supervises, and participates in the grounds maintenance and gardening work of the district’s schools and related facilities.
2. Confers with school principals, landscape architects, contractors, and other parties in making plans for landscaping, planning, and maintenance of various school grounds.
3. Directs workers in maintenance and repair of driveways, walks, hedges, swings, benches and other park mechanical equipment.
4. Determines work priority and assigns workers to specific tasks, such as fertilizing, irrigating, seeding, mowing, raking, and spraying.
5. Lines and maintains all athletic fields and meets with athletic directors, coaches, and other personnel to discuss athletic fields.
6. Maintains athletic equipment.
7. Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
8. Digs flower beds and plants flowers, using gardening tools. Grubs and weeds around bushes, trees, and flower beds and trims hedges. Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls, using clippers and edging tools.
9. Prunes shrubs and trees to share and improve growth, using shears. Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer or insecticide. Waters lawns and shrubs during dry periods, using a hose or by activating a fixed or portable sprinkler system.
10. Operates tractor, using specific attachments, to till, cultivate, and grade new turf areas, to apply prescribed amounts of lime, fertilizer, insecticide, and fungicide, and to mow rough and fairway areas at designated cut, exercising care not to injure turf or shrubs.
11. Mows lawns, using hand mower or power-driven lawn mower.
12. Constructs decorative flower garden borders from wood, using hand tools.
13. Rakes and burns leaves and cleans or sweeps up litter, using spiked stick or broom. Picks up and burns or carts away paper and rubbish. Drives truck and loads fallen tree limbs and roadside trash onto truck and delivers refuse to landfill.
14. Shovels snow from walks and driveways. Spreads salt on public passage ways. Operates snow removal equipment to maintain streets, sidewalks, and driveways.
15. Repairs fences, gates, walls, and walks, using carpentry and masonry tools.
16. Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts, using shovel and rake.
17. Stores and moves furniture from one room, building or school to another.
18. Operates backhoe to dig trenches for water and sewer pipes.
19. Installs, removes, and replaces new or damaged traffic signs.
20. Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment, such as truck, street sweeper, and riding mower.
21. Washes vehicles.
22. Repairs and paints benches, tables, guard rails, and assists in repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment, using hand tools.
23. Confers with supervisor to plan and review work projects.
24. Makes the work schedule for the grounds crew.
25. Responds to emergencies as appropriate.
26. Performs other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year. Salary in accordance with the adopted schedule. Starting salary is $21.07 per hour.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
See the attached pdf for specifics and instructions fon this position opening at Campbell University .
Recruitment and Selection Guidelines
Knowledges, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of the methods, tools, and equipment utilized in golf course maintenance and operation.
Knowledge of the work hazards and applicable safety standards associated with grounds maintenance and repair.
Knowledge of turf maintenance including types of soils, grasses, and pesticide and herbicide applications.
Some knowledge of the application of information technology to the work.
Skill in the operation and preventive maintenance of equipment and tools.
Ability to assign and lead the work of other employees and to train them in proper work and safety methods and procedures.
Ability to trouble-shoot turf management and repair problems and take effective remediation actions.
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with golfers, other employees and management.
Ability to prepare records and reports of work activities.
Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Must be able to perform heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally; and/or up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Must possess the visual acuity to operate tractors, and other mechanical equipment to read chemical and other manuals, and to maintain records.
Desirable Education and Experience
Graduation from a technical or community college with a degree in turf management or closely related area and some experience in turf management work; or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
Possession of a Public Operators Turf and Ornamental Pesticide License.
Possession of a valid North Carolina's Driver’s License.
To apply go to http://www.oakislandnc.com and click on the jobs link.
RED ROOSTER OF RALEIGH, LLC.
We are a landscaping company in business for over 40 years and are looking for a recent / soon-to-be graduate with interest in the green industry.
I am looking for a person with a turfgrass management degree and / or irrigation license who is interested in joining our team as you build your landscaping career..
Please contact Randy Kiziah at 919-353-9845 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read these instructions before downloading the software:
Click below to download the software: