|Posting Date||Job Name|
|05/12/2017||Field & Grounds Turf Management Seasonal Internship (PAID) - New York Jets in Florham Park, NJ|
Field & Grounds Turf Management Seasonal Internship (PAID)
Florham Park, NJ
Approx. Start and End Dates: May 2017 – March 2018
The New York Jets are at a very exciting time in the organizations history with a state of the art training complex in
Florham Park, NJ spanning nearly 27 acres and having three full bluegrass fields and as well as both an outside and
inside Sportexe artificial field. The facility also plays host to training camp. The new complex is located just 25 miles
from New York City.
The seasonal intern carries out the duties put forth by the Director of Grounds including mowing, watering,
fertilizing, painting, snow removal, practice setup and break down and all other duties to assist in practices running
smoothly. The internship will run from May 2017 till March 2018. The start date is negotiable based on candidate’s
school requirements and availability.
• Measure Clegg hardness, infill depth, and clean artificial surfaces as noted by calendar
• Calibrate spreader in order to apply fertilizers at their proper rate
• Aerification of all athletic fields and landscaping
• Painting athletic fields
• Mowing fields and landscape as well as string trimming
• Education related to turf grass management
• 1 year of previous experience
• Ability to lift 50lbs numerous times a day
• Willingness to work extended hours, including weekends
• Ability to operate some necessary equipment related to grounds maintenance
• Self-motivated, hardworking individual who is passionate about football and their profession are valued
• Ability to problem solve and act quickly without losing focus is of the utmost importance
• Attention to detail and willingness to do the little things is paramount
• Arrange their own transportation
• Written references are a plus but not required
• Must be able to work approximately 40 hours per week including some nights and weekends
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete an application and submit a cover letter and resume at the link below.
Department: Field and Grounds
Position: Field and Grounds Seasonal
|05/11/2017||Summer Internship - Lawn Enforcement in Raleigh, NC|
Lawn Enforcement Inc. has been in business since 1992. We are a small (2-6 employees), high quality landscaping & lawn care company. We maintain mostly high end residential homes along with three large church/school complexes. We are fully licensed & insured.
At this time of year, we are primarily focused on maintenance; grass cutting, pruning etc. We also specialize in lawn treatments, stone work, landscape design, plantings, etc.
We are looking for an individual who is interested in working with us this summer and possibly longer. The selected person will have the unique opportunity to work with our crews but also one-on-one with the owner of the company, who will be happy to explain to you the ins and outs of the landscaping business.
The position can be part-time or full-time. Salary starts at about $10 per hour and up, depending on what you can do.
We realize that most NC State students will move on to bigger & better things. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with an established, relaxed, efficiently run company.
|03/28/2017||Internship - Longleaf Golf & Family Club in Southern Pines, NC|
Longleaf Golf & Family Club is looking to hire 1-2 summer/fall interns for its Golf Course Maintenance department. During the internship the successful candidate(s) will be exposed to all aspects of golf course maintenance including equipment operation, irrigation repair and troubleshooting, application equipment calibration, plant protectant and fertilizer applications, project management and any other function needed on the golf course.
Longleaf Golf and Family Club will be converting the existing Bentgrass/Poa greens to Mini-Verde Bermudagrass this summer as part of a multilayered, club-wide improvement project. The successful candidate(s) will be exposed to every aspect of the conversion project and be instrumental in helping the club become the best it can be.
Longleaf Golf and Family Club was recently purchased by the US Kids Golf Foundation and is home to the Longleaf Tee System and the soon to be US Kids Golf Teaching Academy. We are looking for detail oriented individuals that have a vision for success in the golf course maintenance industry and on a path to continue is this field.
Pay- $10-$13/hour DOE
Housing- Club pays ½ cost of monthly rent for lodging on course, utilities included
Internship Length- April through September
Interested parties are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and employment references to:
Golf Course Superintendent
Longleaf Golf and Family Club
|03/23/2017||Turfgrass Management Intern - Bayer CropScience Development and Training Center in Clayton, NC|
Bayer CropScience Development and Training Center, Clayton, NC
Scope of Work:
• Assist in maintenance of warm and cool season turfgrass in a research setting. Responsibilities include but not limited to mowing, rolling, aerification, spraying and fertilization.
• Safely apply pesticides required. for research and/or ground maintenance, maintain proper record keeping for applications.
• Safely operate equipment (powered and non-powered tools) required to maintain managed turf area.
• Assist in maintenance of equipment, including mowers, tractors and sprayers.
• Inspection of managed turfgrass areas via visual assessment and hand tools. Record, report, and respond to identified issues.
• Follow and comply with current safety procedures as well as assist in identifying new ones. Experience Gained:
• Hands-on experience managing all aspects of creeping bentgrass and ultradwarf bermudagrass on USGAspec putting greens.
• Integrated pest management practices on disease, weed, and insect control for intensively managed turfgrass in transition zones.
• Implementation and maintenance of small-plot research trials. Use of cutting-edge technologies to assess summer health of intensively management turfgrass.
• Introductory knowledge in nematode management in turfgrass settings.
• Opportunity to obtain NC pesticide applicator license.
• Associate's Degree in turfgrass management /agronomy or currently enrolled in a turfgrass management/agronomy program.
• Experience in the field of turfgrass management. Golf course experience is preferred, while other agricultural background would also be considered.
• Experience working with automated irrigation system is a plus.
• Valid NC pesticide applicator license or the ability to acquire one in the category of Ornamental and Turf.
• Valid NC driver's license.
• Have the ability to work independently as well as part of a small team, with attention to details. • Must be capable of performing physical labor (including but not limited to heavy lifting (50 lbs) associated with maintenance or repairs to equipment, irrigation systems, or structures).
• Must successfully pass a health and drug screen. Primary occupational demands will require the following:
o Wear hearing protection -auditory exam required o Wear a respirator-respirator fit test and pulmonary function test required.
o Drive a forklift or any other vehicle -eye exam required supplier will run MVR check.
o Must also be able to work outdoors under ambient local conditions.
o Other demands to be noted.
Dr. Jake Doskocil
|02/23/2017||Intern - Grounds Stadium in Owings Mills, MD|
General Description: The Baltimore Ravens are looking for a seasonal intern who will assist with the maintenance and preparation of the natural grass field at M&T Bank Stadium. The ideal candidate should have a passion for fields & grounds, previous experience in athletic field maintenance and be willing to work on a team to keep the field pristine. The candidate should expect to work long hours throughout the football season in all types of weather conditions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Education and/or Experience:
How to apply:
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, electronically, through link below. No paper resumes will be accepted. No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.
|02/20/2017||Summer Internships - The Apawamis Club in Rye, NY|
Educational Requirements: Currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a 2 to 4 year Turfgrass Management program
Experience Requirements: Golf Course experience is preferred but not required
We are seeking focused, hard-working, and driven individuals who are motivated to learn and advance in the golf course industry. Interns will work closely with the management staff in the planning and execution of daily maintenance objectives. Interns will be exposed to all fundamental aspects of the operation including, but not limited to: water management, aerification, plant protectant calibration, application, and documentation, operation of all equipment, record keeping, and daily scheduling. Intern will also be highly involved with all aspects of the 2017 golf course renovation.
Founded in 1890, Apawamis is the 6th oldest Club in the United States and steeped in history. The Club remains on the forefront with world-class facilities with an active and family oriented membership.
Date Available: April 1, 2017
Application Instructions: Please email resume w/cover letter and references to address below.
|02/15/2017||Internship - Hound Ears Golf Club in Blowing Rock, NC|
Hound Ears Golf Club in Blowing Rock, NC is in search of a turf student looking for a good internship opportunity working with cool season grasses. We are looking for someone willing to learn all aspects of the business. Interested students may send a resume to Assistant Superintendent Chad Watson at this email: email@example.com.
|02/15/2017||Irrigation Service Technician - Doctor Sprinkler in Raleigh/Knightdale|
Irrigation Service Technician Trainee
Established irrigation service and repair specialist company is seeking an irrigation technician trainee to
add to our team. No experience required, we will train. You will be in the field acting as the technician's
assistant. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to learn the trade.
- Must be dependable and able to work from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
- Must have reliable transportation with a clean NCDL
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test
- Be able to maintain a clean and professional appearance (company shirts will be provided)
- Be willing to maintain a safe and clean job site
- Display a strong work ethic and be respectful to clients
Pay is based on experience and approximately $11-15/hour
Respond to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|02/02/2017||AIT/Intern - Gardiner's Bay Country Club in Shelter Island Heights, NY|
Gardiner’s Bay Country Club
12 Dinah Rock Road
PO Box 3014
Shelter Island Heights, NY,11965,
Educational Requirements: Bachelors in turfgrass science, or 2 year degree in turfgrass management from an accredited University or college.
Experience Requirements: Previous golf course experience within a fast paced environment is required. Great position for recent graduates looking to hit the ground running.
Special Requirements: The strong desire to learn and prepare oneself for a success in a competitive and rewarding career. The right individual will be an avid problem solver, hard working and self-motivated with the desire to be the best. Must have the ability to lift 50lbs, work long hours and focus on providing the highest level of conditioning. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual that wants to learn all aspects of maintaining championship conditions in extremely difficult environment.
Comments: Assist the golf course superintendent and assistants with daily planning and scheduling. Learn and manage irrigation on the golf course as well as assist with pesticide and fertilizer applications. Monitor golf course conditions. Assist with golf course set-up, projects, and all other facets of the golf course maintenance operation. This is a great opportunity for an individual to further their career.
Date Available: March 1, 2017
Application Instructions: Please email resume and cover letter to Timothy Gorman Superintendent at email@example.com
Salary: $15.00/hr. + a lot of overtime
Benefits: Uniforms/clothing, golfing privileges, expenses involved in attending regional education seminars. House will be available within close proximity to the golf course but will be shared with other interns with a small monthly fee that will be required.
|02/02/2017||Internships -The Old White TPC Golf Course at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, WV|
The Old White TPC at The Greenbrier is seeking motivated individuals to be interns for the 2017 season. We are looking for individuals who want to jumpstart and further their career. Previous experience on a golf course or sports field is preferred, but not required.
The Old White TPC has annually hosted The Greenbrier Classic since 2010. On June 23, 2016, the course suffered major damage from historic flooding. This prompted the cancellation of The Greenbrier Classic. Since then, The Old White TPC has gone through major renovations which include new greens, fairways, and tees. This year’s tournament is going to be bigger and better than ever!
Here is a link to the job posting on Turfnet.
Also, if interested, students may contact last year’s intern for information on his experience at The Old White TPC. Please contact Josh Pope for that information.
Housing is provided on-site in our new office building. Other benefits include meals, golf and uniforms.
Interested students should contact:
Josh Pope, Golf Course Superintendent
Please send cover letter, resume, and references.