Assistant Golf Course Superintendent at New Orleans Country Club in New Orleans, LA
New Orleans Country Club, established in 1914, is one of the largest country clubs in the south. Along with a 18 hole golf course, 10 tennis courts, 2 swimming pools, fitness center and much more. New Orleans Country Club is ranked in Platinum Clubs of America.
New Orleans Country Club is looking for a candidate with a good attitude and work ethic, eagerness to learn and progress on to the next stage of their career. Our staff is dedicated to bring the best possible playing conditions on daily basis to our members.
Salary: Will depend on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available under the club’s plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Participation in club’s 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Holiday bonus
- Employee events including monthly birthday bingo, summer family party, employee golf tournament, and company holiday party
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent reports to Golf Course Superintendent
Under the Superintendent’s supervision, the Assistant Superintendent directs and participates in the daily golf course maintenance and management practices. The Assistant Superintendent may serve in the Superintendent’s capacity during his/her absence.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedules and supervises maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Responsible for the training of new staff members and continues to train employees to complete their task more efficiently.
- Applies chemicals in a safe and efficient manner in conjunction with all laws, rules, and regulations as requested by the Superintendent.
- Maintains certification for turf and ornamental pesticide applications for the state of Louisiana.
- Stays current and up to date on all safety practices as listed on the pesticide label.
- Documents all chemical and fertilizer applications.
- Keeps all records and inventories up to date (chemical, small tools, equipment, weather, fertilizer usage, pesticide usage, and employee data).
- Is subject to flexible schedule and is required to be on call for emergencies.
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Performance Management
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Supervisory Responsibility
The employee in this position has supervisory responsibilities over Golf Course Greenskeepers and the GCM Mechanics.
This Assistant Golf Course Superintendent operates on club property both inside the Golf Course Maintenance facility and outside on the golf course.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work could fluctuate Monday through Sunday.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of related work experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 1 year supervisory experience
New Orleans Country Club is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination based on race, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, or other protected class.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants should apply directly by email to:
Golf Course Superintendent New Orleans Country Club