Bent Tree Country Club / FC Dallas 2019 Dual Internship in Dallas and Frisco, TX
The Bent Tree Country Club/FC Dallas 2019 dual internship program will help develop professional experience within both golf course and sports field sectors of the turf industry. Gain pivotal knowledge in golf course setup, soccer pitch setup and day-to-day job duties that make up each operation. Interns will be introduced to heavy machinery, irrigation projects, grow-in lights, and much more. This internship is a 90-day program (May 13-Aug 11, 2019) with equal days split at both properties. With only 15 miles between properties, commuting is convenient. Housing stipend to be included.
Bent Tree Country Club features a par 71 course highlighted by water features on 14 of the 18 holes, 62 chiseled white bunkers that define the driving zones and putting complexes, and bentgrass putting surfaces. Bent Tree annually hosts an assortment of tournaments.
Toyota Stadium and Toyota Soccer Center is a 145-acre multi-purpose sports and entertainment facility in Frisco, Texas. Home stadium for FC Dallas and host of the FCS Championship Game, the Frisco Bowl as well a variety of concerts, tournaments, and other events.
You will see all aspects of operation:
- Shadow for a day: Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, Equipment Manager
- Setup/schedule daily property irrigation
- Identify a problem within the day-to-day job tasks and present a solution
- Assist with irrigation repairs
- Greens moisture management
- Spray greens, tees, fairways, approaches
- Pre-emergent applications
- Daily morning setup
- Mow greens, tees, approaches, fairways, rough
- Schedule and execute a morning job task meeting
- Manicure bunkers
- Develop and complete 3 intern goals and 3 employer goals
- Resume critique
Enrolled in a Turfgrass Management program (two to four years).
Previous sports field or golf course experience is preferred but not required.
Hardworking, dedicated, passionate, GREAT attitude, and be eager to learn as much as possible while working with us.
$13.00-$15.00/HR plus overtime.
Meals, uniforms, housing stipend, golfing and fishing privileges, potential housing.