Golf Course Management Internship at Inverness Club in Toledo, OH
Located in Toledo, Ohio the prestigious Donald Ross designed Inverness Club has cemented its place in golf history. With a rich tradition of hosting major championships including 4 U.S Opens, 2 PGA Championships and 2 U.S Senior Opens, the Inverness Club grounds team is highly dedicated to providing championship-caliber playing conditions on a daily basis. Additionally, the club has multiple upcoming championships, including the 2019 U.S Junior Amateur and the 2021 Solheim Cup.
Intern/ Turf Graduate Mission:
Working with four-time major host and industry leader John Zimmers, Inverness is seeking highly motivated and determined student interns and turf graduates. Following an immense course renovation/restoration, interns and graduates will be exposed to all facets of golf course management, as well, course construction and championship preparation. Interns are expected to have a positive attitude, be dependable, accountable and professional; most importantly, eager to learn and contribute to the team.
- Perform all maintenance tasks on the golf course. (mowing, bunker care, etc.)
- Participate in daily course preparation (selecting hole locations and moving tee markers).
- Chemical and fertilizer applications and calibration
- Irrigation and drainage installation, troubleshooting and repair
- Water management on all playing surfaces
- Efficiently leading groups in assigned tasks
- On-site housing
- Golf privileges
Send cover letter and resume to Ryan Kaczor at Rkaczor@Invernessclub.com.
4601 Dorr Street
Toledo, OH 43615