Second Assistant Position at Eastward Ho! in Cape Cod, MA
Eastward Ho! Is a private 18-hole Herbert Fowler design located on the coastline of Cape Cod. Built in 1922 the course boasts unique architecture that follows the topography of glacial moraines.
The Assistant works closely alongside the Superintendent in all aspects of turf maintenance. This position requires a professionally driven individual who operates with the highest expectations and efficiencies. Strong organizational skills are required as it relates to scheduling, budgeting, record-keeping, and leadership. Required to lead seasoned crew through projects, applications, and daily operations. Individual understands the requirements and demands of turf maintenance at a high-level private facility.
Seeking individuals that understand what it takes to be the best.
- Must hold or must obtain, within 6 months of hire, a turf certificate, 2-year or 4-year degree.
- Attend continuing educational turf seminars.
- Must be able to obtain a spray license from the state of MA within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to obtain a hoisting license from the state of MA within 6 months of hire.
- Acquire and maintain licenses by meeting education requirements.
- Must be motivated by demanding work environment.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and attitude.
- 2-year commitment.
- Computer and organizational skills.
- Manage and motivate staff.
- Hire and fire staff.
- Train and educate staff.
- Evaluate staff.
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors.
- Maintain strong relationships with other departments and department heads.
- Plan and write schedules.
- Plan projects.
- Keep records.
- Calibrate application equipment.
- Scout for disease and weed pressure.
- Spray fertilizer and chemicals on greens, tees, approaches, fairways, and rough.
- Apply fertilizer and seed with various spreaders.
- Document shoreline work and erosion.
- Evaluate equipment, protection products, irrigation products, spray programs, etc.
- Irrigation repairs and trouble shooting.
- Fix ballmarks.
- Roll greens.
- Mow greens.
- Hand rake bunkers.
- Blow debris.
- Spot water greens/surrounds.
- Walk mow tees and collars.
- Walk mow rough around greens and bunkers.
- Fill tee and fairway divots.
- Clipping disposal.
- Triplex mow approaches and runoffs.
- Rotary mow green and tee surrounds.
- Mow primary rough.
- Spot water fairways.
- Course Set Up
- Change cups
- Move tee markers
- Remove trash
- Fill tee divots
- Tree pruning and removal.
- Pump water from the golf course.
- Groom greens.
- Verticut greens.
- Topdress greens, approaches, and tees.
- Operate backhoe, forklift, and mini-excavator.
- Operate aerification equipment.
- Operate tractors.
- Assist equipment technician with equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Onsite Housing
- Health Insurance
- Paid vacation/sick & personal
- Life insurance
- Shoe allowance
- Local chapter education
- Golfing privileges
Date Job is Available
Job Application Instructions
Email cover letter, references and resume to Fhancock@eastwardho.net