Sod Production Internship at Vandemark Sod Farm in Nash County, NC
Starting in 1988 with just a few acres, Vandemark Sod Farm has expanded greatly and is now a primary sod supplier to Wake County and the surrounding area. For 29 years, our family-owned business has enjoyed a reputation for the best sod quality, selection, and service to the Triangle. Our main product is turf, which we provide to the landscaping industry, as well as, athletic fields and golf courses across North Carolina. The athletic fields of Wake County, NC State University practice fields, Green-space project at the former site of Harrelson Hall, and the Chancellor’s residence are all satisfied customers. Vandemark Farms is seeking an individual that is hard working, driven to be successful, and willing to be exposed to all aspects of the sod/turf/ag industry.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and be dependable. Interns will be exposed to all aspects of sod farm operations including but not limited to sod production, sprigging, mowing, fertilizing, spraying, calibration, and irrigation. In addition, interns will also have the opportunity to learn harvest operations and other farm operations they may be interested in.
- Sod production including cultivation and planting
- Use of chemicals in weed and disease management
- Irrigation use, management, and repair
- Mowing of grass
- Farm experience/turfgrass management experience preferred
- Ability to operate tractors (60-125 Horsepower)
- We’re willing to train the right candidate who has a positive attitude and solid work ethic
- May 13, 2019–August 16, 2019
- 40+ hrs/week
Application Deadline: April 26, 2019
Please email application materials including cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.