Warm weather brings people outdoors for their spring lawn and garden activities. It also signals the start of carpenter …
Agriculture & Food
Extension and research at NC State address timely issues impacting our state. Extension delivers trusted information directly into the hands of farmers and agribusinesses, helping them translate knowledge into solutions that grow our economy and communities.
Learn More Using the Resources Below
- Ag BioTech
- Executive Farm Management Program
- Extension Entomology - Insect Biology and Management
- Extension Plant Pathology
- Industrial Hemp
- NC FarmLink
- NC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- NC Pesticide Safety Education
- NC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
- Official Variety Testing
More Extension Programs at NC State University
- Agricultural and Human Sciences
- Agriculture and Resource Economics Extension
- Apiculture and Beekeeping
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Crop and Soil Sciences
- Extension Soils Program
- Mountain Horticultural Crops Research and Extension Center
- Vernon James Research and Extension Center
National eXtension Resources
Partnerships and Organizations
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS)
- National eXtension Initiative
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- NC State Climate Office
- USDA Agricultural Marketing Service
Publications, Information, and News
Recent Publications related to Agriculture & Food
In western North Carolina, almost any type of vegetable or fruit can be successfully grown …
In central North Carolina almost any type of vegetable or fruit can be grown successfully …
This publication looks at historical records to estimate the number of days available for planting …
This publication covers insect control in a variety of crops, as well as household pests.
This factsheet covers several factors to consider when leasing farmland for solar farm purposes. Property …
This factsheet discusses protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO)-inhibiting herbicide injury in soybean.
This factsheet discusses ALS-inhibiting herbicide injury on soybean.
This factsheet discusses PS-II-inhibiting herbicide injury on soybean.